Breaking

Sunday, November 11, 2018

Spotted Kingfisher (Male)

Yesterday I visited Mambukal resort to find the Narcissus flycatcher but during our exploration my guide saw the Spotted wood kingfisher 8 meters in front of us I set my camera setting because it is very dark inside the forest. I sneak closely to the Spotted wood kingfisher then draw multiple shots until I was satisfied then I decided to leave the bird. This is how wild bird photographers in Philippines do after getting a good photo.

Scientific Name: (Actenoides lindsayi)

Justification:Dacelo Lindsayi Vigors, 1831, Manila, Luzon, Philippines. Believed closely related to A. hombroni and A. concretus, and all three sometimes regarded as conspecific. Subspecies moseleyi fairly distinctive: male with black vs blackish-green edges on (otherwise white) breast feathers (1); both sexes with black vs blackish-green feathers on mantle and scapulars and, separately, crown (2); female with irregular black barring on breast with scaling below vs dark-edged scaling throughout (2). Two subspecies recognized.

Gears: Nikon D500, Nikkor 200-500mm, Handheld

Date Taken: November 10, 2018

Location: Mambukal Resort, Negros Occidental





No comments:

Post a Comment

Post Top Ad

Your Ad Spot